KENNEWICK, Wash. - Emergency crews are investigating a fire at Sundance Apartments Friday afternoon that they say possibly started from a dryer.
Crews temporarily closed down Kennewick Avenue near Tweedt Place around 3 PM while firefighters battled the blaze. Crews from Kennewick, Benton County, Pasco, and Richland had the flames under control within minutes.
No one was injured, possibly thanks to a bystander who called 911 and helped get people out of the building.
"(I) kicked the doors open to the upstairs apartment where it started, and I screamed for people on the bottom, and the other people up top, there was no one in there that I know of," said Jared Cleepe who saw smoke and called 911.
Firefighters say the fire was mostly contained to the second floor. No one was hurt.
KENNEWICK, Wash. - We have a reporter at the scene of a fire at Sundance Apartments on North Tweedt Place in Kennewick.
Reports are the fire started in an upstairs apartment and no one was home at the time. We're working on getting more information for you.
Friday, May 24 2013 9:32 PM EDT2013-05-25 01:32:22 GMT
Larry J Schuster is a pilot, flying not up in the sky, but up and down the highways. It's reported that a pilot like Schuster was in front of the truck that hit an overhead girder on the I-5 bridge...More >>
Larry J Schuster is a pilot, flying not up in the sky, but up and down the highways.More >>